Search the forum,

Discuss Dural wp membrane on ply? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

STEVO

TF
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can apply the Dural WP membrane onto ply?

STEVO

TF
Reaction score
No i wouldnt either!!
nowhere in instructions does it say what surfaces are suitable for it, and even checked their website.

D

DHTiling

It can be used as anti crack mat on walls.. so yes ok for timber..

1. Wall sealing
Ceramic tiling in itself is not waterproof: Junctions to fittings and walls are particularly susceptible to water ingress which can damage the substrate. Walls, particularly in wet rooms and at industrial premises such as breweries, are exposed to high levels of moisture.

2. Cracks
During renovations of old surfaces, cracks in the substrate can occur which no longer guarantee a secure installation of new tiling.

[h=1]THE SOLUTION[/h]
DURABASE WP is a crack bridging sealant membrane made of soft polyethylene. It has water vapor retarding properties and is physiologically safe. Because DURABASE WP does not require disposal as special waste, it is also environmentally compatible. The mats are fabricated with a fleece fabric on both sides which provides maximum anchorage in the tile adhesive. DURABASE WP is highly elastic, waterproof, resistant to aging and rot proof. It is also resistant to aqueous and chemical solutions, salts, alkalis, alcohols, oils and organic solvents.

Reply to Dural wp membrane on ply? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I will soon be installing the Wunda EPS 400 UFH boards in my own kitchen, approx 50m2...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Does anyone have experience of using grooved dry screed boards? (Bonus points...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone, Does anyone know how long you need to leave fugalite before you can use the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen