Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss dunlop!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mattyh

hiya my stockist has just started selling dunlop and mapei products, i have always used bal but mapei seems a bit cheaper and dunlop much much cheaper is it even worth going there!? i cant imagine the dunlop adhesive being much good but the do a cheap primer anybody used it??
thanks matt

M

mikethetile

I was given Dunlop tub to use by a builder, I didnt like it it was very sticky but had very little grab, I wouldnt use it through choice

I understand that it is made by bal but it seems to be a different formulation to green star and imo is not as good

R

Rich

Mapei is the way forward IMO. I used BAL for years until I changed to Mapei, never looked back.

Better product at a better price. :thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

I was given Dunlop tub to use by a builder, I didnt like it it was very sticky but had very little grab, I wouldnt use it through choice

I understand that it is made by bal but it seems to be a different formulation to green star and imo is not as good

Sellotape is a better adhesive than green star.

:ban:tubbed addy.

M

mikethetile

Sellotape is a better adhesive than green star.

:ban:tubbed addy.

I cant argue with that one Dom

this is the same builder that asked me to d&d a wall with plasterboard he bought cheap from wickes as it was broken across each corner and then to make things worse he stacked up against the wall of the garage so they bowed

:mad2:

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:Matt - If you are given the choice it should be Mapei every time.
Remember the types of adhesive for different tile sizes and play it safe with powdered rather than tubbed.
Bal and Dunlop are part of the same group. Not sure of the formulation in the tubs but Dunlop I believe have/are branded products for the shed markets.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Dunlop is made by BAL.

H

hillhead

i have 13 tiles to replace on a big floor i tiled last year,i used flexi rapid set from Dunlop !!! floor was well primed etc,i'v also heard of other guys having trouble with it,its very cheap too so for me that says it all.:thumbsdown:

Reply to dunlop!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks