Search the forum,

Discuss Dunlop Tile on Wood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Ben Brooks

never tile straight onto wood especially a bathroom !
used hardibacker on top of the old floorboards then tile on top of that with bale adhesive or topps own rapid set adhesive

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of fastflex I think it's a brilliant product. I used to say you could tile curtains with it if you wanted to and it'd stick just fine and they'd still open and close. Very very flexible and never debonds (people know that who have tried to get tiles up that have been fixed using it). Very expensive though as BAL have the rights to use the rubber crumb and nobody else does (as far as I am aware - or have been told).

I saw another one of these tubbed adhesives and thought they'd be just as cool to use. Far far far from it! And to be honest at the time I think they were marketing it (not sure who's it was I used it wasn't dunlops) as a competitor to fastflex so it was very expensive also. I think it would have to have come back down in price now. And you never hear of people using it off tilersforums.com so I don't think it's taken off too well overall.

G

Gazzer

I'm a fan of fastflex I think it's a brilliant product. I used to say you could tile curtains with it if you wanted to and it'd stick just fine and they'd still open and close. Very very flexible and never debonds (people know that who have tried to get tiles up that have been fixed using it). Very expensive though as BAL have the rights to use the rubber crumb and nobody else does (as far as I am aware - or have been told).

I saw another one of these tubbed adhesives and thought they'd be just as cool to use. Far far far from it! And to be honest at the time I think they were marketing it (not sure who's it was I used it wasn't dunlops) as a competitor to fastflex so it was very expensive also. I think it would have to have come back down in price now. And you never hear of people using it off tilersforums.com so I don't think it's taken off too well overall.

Plenty of similar products about .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it was Webber, do webber do one too? Trying to remember why I would have had some as we used to only use BAL. Might have been bought into the training centre at PITT back in the day. We certainly wouldn't have bought it though I don't think.

G

Gazzer

This is what my local supplier sells, I dont use it personally but have done in the past.
Bostik Bostik 2 Part Flexible - Flexible two part adhesive system incorporating lightweight rubber crumb

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bugs183

Profix sell a version of 2 part fastflex too, seems just the same, but cheaper.
The two part fasrflex used to be brilliant, but i don't rate the single part as highly, i think it's a weaker adhesive than the two part

P

Peter

Use the Biscem/Bostik and Profix rubber crumb regularly and rate them very highly. Costs the same as two bags of S1 but worth it's weight in gold. The only bad thing is that it doesn't come in white.

Reply to Dunlop Tile on Wood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen