Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Dunlop Tile on Wood in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

john306

Went into a tile store today looking for bathroom floor tiles, got talking to the bloke there about backer boards prices onto my T&G wood floor, he said just use Dunlop Tile on Wood adhesive straight onto the floorboards.
Anyone had any experience of this product?
Tile on Wood
I'm a bit dubious to say the least after having read loads on this forum.
Thanks

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
all in one, ready mixed adhesive and grout, to tile onto t&g floorboards.... lol-045.gif

mite as well just use blue tac...

D

DHTiling

Hi..

Please do not use that garbage.. it takes for ever to go off and IMO is useless..

Stick tot he advice you have read via the forum and then use a suitable S1 / S2 adhesive.. not a dispersion tubbed gimmick.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
how about the bal 25 yr garantee, they garantee to spend 25yrs telling you its your fault and not theres...

P

Peter

At the very least, you'd need a 2 part flexible adhesive on a completely rigid floor, but it's more economical to overboard anyway.

Regarding the readymixed 'adhesivee & grout', there are many stories of it taking days and weeks to set. What makes me laugh is that it's usually about 3 times the price of twice the amount of good quality adhesive :lol:

B

Ben Brooks

never tile straight onto wood especially a bathroom !
used hardibacker on top of the old floorboards then tile on top of that with bale adhesive or topps own rapid set adhesive

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of fastflex I think it's a brilliant product. I used to say you could tile curtains with it if you wanted to and it'd stick just fine and they'd still open and close. Very very flexible and never debonds (people know that who have tried to get tiles up that have been fixed using it). Very expensive though as BAL have the rights to use the rubber crumb and nobody else does (as far as I am aware - or have been told).

I saw another one of these tubbed adhesives and thought they'd be just as cool to use. Far far far from it! And to be honest at the time I think they were marketing it (not sure who's it was I used it wasn't dunlops) as a competitor to fastflex so it was very expensive also. I think it would have to have come back down in price now. And you never hear of people using it off tilersforums.com so I don't think it's taken off too well overall.

G

Gazzer

I'm a fan of fastflex I think it's a brilliant product. I used to say you could tile curtains with it if you wanted to and it'd stick just fine and they'd still open and close. Very very flexible and never debonds (people know that who have tried to get tiles up that have been fixed using it). Very expensive though as BAL have the rights to use the rubber crumb and nobody else does (as far as I am aware - or have been told).

I saw another one of these tubbed adhesives and thought they'd be just as cool to use. Far far far from it! And to be honest at the time I think they were marketing it (not sure who's it was I used it wasn't dunlops) as a competitor to fastflex so it was very expensive also. I think it would have to have come back down in price now. And you never hear of people using it off tilersforums.com so I don't think it's taken off too well overall.

Plenty of similar products about .

Reply to Dunlop Tile on Wood in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks