Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Dunlop adhesives. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

ash9112000

Anyone got any thoughts on the Dunlop range of adhesives. I have used there SPF a few times now and been quite impressed.
The bags are very heavy duty for a start, much better than mapei and weber, and similar to BAL. Pot life was spot on and really set nicely on a primed concrete floor. Tradepoint b&q price is £12 for a 20kg bag.

They seem to be aimed at the professional, and I get the impression that they really k is what they are talking about, there website is pretty sound. It makes me wonder why the unibond and bostik range of adhesives are so poorly produced.

D

DHTiling

They are similar to Bal because they make it :).. it is just a lower spec range of adhesive IMO..

P

Peter

Spot on for the money, don't mind using it.

The flexible Bostik professional ranges aren't bad adhesives either.

R

Rookery

I've used Dunlop addy a few times and its ok though the range is not widely available. Not impressed with the grouts tho (Bal again?).
I'll stay with Mapei & Webber for now.

S

Spud

I like their large format and stone adhesive and used to use it a lot several years ago unfortunately the supplier started to go a bit silly on the price so I was forced to stop using it, I found the grouts to be okay too and their blue lid shower proof bucket adhesive is like the original formula white star so I think on the whole they make a decent enough range

A

ash9112000

Interesting. I used bal for a few years and nothing else. But since moving house it's not really available to me. The Dunlop did remind me of bal, just the feel of the bag a suppose. If the Dunlop range is a lower spec than bal, where does it lye in comparison to weber. In black and white the Dunlop looks as good as bal. That's if you take the specifications literally. So how do bal produce a lower spec Dunlop adhesive, i.e. what are they not doing, or using that means its a lower spec. Without seeing a breakdown of what it's made from are assumption made on price as well as some inside knowledge.

T

tilerbarry

I tried Dunlop for a few months trying to save a few pennies but soon went back to Mapei, no comparison in my mind!

S

steve187

dunlop do a good range, the large format i used for the first time last week and it was easy to use. i was talking to one of there tech guys at a trade day and he says they do the old fast flex still in a two pack, the grouts are good i always use the flex for everything, never have liked mapai, kerrakoll is good as well, no one in my area is stocking standard set adhesives.

W

wildeywilde

Never used them, and having looked at their website I would never use them. They call two of their products "flexible" despite them only being C2F and C2FT spec. In the technical data sheets they magically omit the word "flexible", because they know that these adhesives are not flexible or, more correctly, deformable, which is what they would need to be to meet S1 specifications.

To me, these are aimed at DIY users who don't understand specifications, and naively trust marketing gimmickry. Weber and Mapei are more authentic.

B

bugs183

Used Dunlop for years. Set fast plus is a great all rounder for floors, it slumps too much for walls so i use Mapei for that situation. The price is good, especially at dare i say it B@Q where it was about £9 a 20kg bag. Never had any issues with the grouts either. Dunlop don't really provide the full spec of adhesives, but it doesn't mean it's DIY. I'd recommend it for most floor tiling jobs without hesitation.

Reply to Dunlop adhesives. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks