Search the forum,

Discuss Dry cutter thread....for use with polished porcelain in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

1animal1

Sounds like Marc just got shunted - £200 to you Andy, boxed! (cardboard) o_O

What do these things go for second hand - there are none on ebay at all!

1animal1

I think I've nailed myself down to the '3B4M Max' (push) as any discount on the 3M's are negligible and they are a couple cm shorter (always worth having :eek: ).

Last edited by a moderator:

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It's so difficult to value a used sigma cutter. As few come up for sale second hand.
That tells a story . If you own one, you don't want to sell it!

If you kept it for 3 years and looked after it, I bet you would sell it for 80% of its purchase cost. Or more!

I

Italy

every 4-5 years I change my Sigma 600mm, the one I use every day.
last bought, I paid € 200 including VAT, € 165 net.
those used, I have always sold to 100 € on the internet, the ones I sell are still perfect, only signs of wear and just, there are no traces of adhesive.

I remember the first time I sold, we met by selling 600mm and at the end I sold all three sigma I had in the van. the 600mm, the 930mm and 370mm. I had to immediately buy a Sigma, otherwise I could not work.

L

LM

Defo looks the way to go from what I've read - do i need to start fannying about looking at different sized scoring wheels too?! for polished Porc....

Is trade discount much on these? If so it might be worth be bothering a mate who's got a few local trade accounts.
The wheel that comes with the machine will handle anything you throw at it so it will be absolutely fine, no need to think about different wheels.
Thats an excellent choice you've made, the max version will cut any tile that you are likely to be working with.
As already said second hand Sigma's are like hens teeth very rarely are they for sale.
A tip is never oil the rail on the Sigma only the cutting wheel and any bearing on the handle you go for, periodically take the handle of and run a pipe cleaner followed by a 'Big wipe' through it to remove any dust build up that will occur when dry addy dust etc hits any condensation that may be on the rail, this way your handle will always glide freely and perform to its best, good luck and welcome to the forum :)

B

Bill

The wheel that comes with the machine will handle anything you throw at it so it will be absolutely fine, no need to think about different wheels.
Thats an excellent choice you've made, the max version will cut any tile that you are likely to be working with.
As already said second hand Sigma's are like hens teeth very rarely are they for sale.
A tip is never oil the rail on the Sigma only the cutting wheel and any bearing on the handle you go for, periodically take the handle of and run a pipe cleaner followed by a 'Big wipe' through it to remove any dust build up that will occur when dry addy dust etc hits any condensation that may be on the rail, this way your handle will always glide freely and perform to its best, good luck and welcome to the forum :)
Was told by the Sigma rep to use Silicon spray to lubricate the rail............. who knows best?

Reply to Dry cutter thread....for use with polished porcelain in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen