Search the forum,

Discuss dried adhesive on ply in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MTiler

What do you guys find is the best way to remove dried cement based adhesive off ply? I have a grinder and a Fein. The adhesive is around 4-5mm thick in places. Replacing the ply isnt an option unfortunately. its only 2.5m2.

Cheers
Sharon

O

Old Mod

Aldi £9.99
Messy, but cheap and works well.
Just be careful when you get to the ply.
It'll certainly remove the bulk quickly.
image.jpeg

A

Aston

Go with the water and scraper.
little tip though, get your angle grinder and cut some tram line strips, cutting down into the adhesive.
just make sure you finish on the surface of the ply. this will make breaking through the dry adhesive much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Old Mod

This is definately the best scraper I've ever used.
It's bullet proof!
Has a heavy metal rod thro the centre, so clumping it with a hammer is no problem.
I will admit this is the new design and it has wider shoulders than the old, which personally I think hinders the performance a little because it can catch things when being used.
The blades are excellent and sharpest I've come across and sharp enough to shave with!
I kid you not!
Blades also come in two widths, and the wider one is flexible, which is great for wallpaper and paint scraping.
Not cheap tho. :D
Blades are about £6.00 for 10 but well worth it.
Olfa - Scrapers - https://www.olfatools.co.uk/products/6-Scrapers

Reply to dried adhesive on ply in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen