Search the forum,

Discuss dotting and dabbing will cost you money in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

my company has picked up work from a new builder recently after their regular tiler started getting failures on his floor tiling, all large format work with very expensive materials ,one job we were asked to look at is a 1200x800 porcelain floor on a wet system ufh the tiles were fitted using a 6mm notched trowel and 5 dobs of adhesive and there is less than 40% coverage on the back of the tiles,the whole floor has started to fail and the tiler is now being taken to court for the cost of new flooring ,
we also went to another of the guys jobs last week ,again large format porcelain to replace some loose tiles ,this floor is also starting to fail and again the same method of fixing was used ,
The moral of the story is get as close to a solid bed as possible and use the correct materials or you could be paying out tens of thousands of pounds

W

White Room

Surly the tiler has some idea how to lay a tile, how long had this guy been fixing tiles.To dot and fix on large format or any other tile is just crazy.

S

Spud

Surly the tiler has some idea how to lay a tile, how long had this guy been fixing tiles.To dot and fix on large format or any other tile is just crazy.
The tiler has 30 yrs expand does lots of high end work , he has offered to restick any loose tiles but refuses to change his fixing method thats why the builder dropped him and came to us .

W

White Room

The tiler has 30 yrs expand does lots of high end work , he has offered to restick any loose tiles but refuses to change his fixing method thats why the builder dropped him and came to us .

At the end of the day he will still continue with fixing with dabs as he's been doing it for 30 years, that is so fustrating

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hard to change the old timers ways in a lot of trades............even when things do go belly up:mad2:

Too many think they know best :incazzato::yikes:

D

doug boardley

not the best situation to get work Gary, but, if the other guy refuses to budge on his fixing methods, then let somebody that's gonna do the job right have a crack at it:thumbsup:

Reply to dotting and dabbing will cost you money in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen