Search the forum,

Discuss dotting and dabbing will cost you money in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

my company has picked up work from a new builder recently after their regular tiler started getting failures on his floor tiling, all large format work with very expensive materials ,one job we were asked to look at is a 1200x800 porcelain floor on a wet system ufh the tiles were fitted using a 6mm notched trowel and 5 dobs of adhesive and there is less than 40% coverage on the back of the tiles,the whole floor has started to fail and the tiler is now being taken to court for the cost of new flooring ,
we also went to another of the guys jobs last week ,again large format porcelain to replace some loose tiles ,this floor is also starting to fail and again the same method of fixing was used ,
The moral of the story is get as close to a solid bed as possible and use the correct materials or you could be paying out tens of thousands of pounds

Reply to dotting and dabbing will cost you money in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.