Search the forum,

Discuss Dot & Dab travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

redeye1979

i can't wait to hear teh way this turns out, i genuinely wish you all teh best spanky and i'll be glued to the thread checking how you're getting on. (thankfully the two and a half hours it's took me so far won't have to be repeated)

All the best and i hope you get the outcome you dseserve!

T

The D

i have to cut one of these out tomorrow due to the sparky drilling a 30 mm hole in the wrong place
the slab was dot and dabbed on
so we will see how easely it comes off
i bet it brings most of the concreat block with it
28072008212.jpg
How did it go getting that tile out? Have you got any pics m8?

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I do think that there is merit in the method you are talking about but that is not dot and dab. I will concede that if you are achieving eighty percent coverage and you are within the adhesive manufacturers recommended bed depth and the weight limits for the sub-straight then it doesn’t really mater whether you apply the adhesive with a notched trowel or a gauging trowel. If you will concede that dot and dab is not an acceptable method of fixing tiles of any kind.

You obviously know your stuff and I have a lot of respect for tilers who do a good job but I have no respect for people who try to defend a job that is clearly sub-standard.
dean , there is a difference between dot dabbing and gauging the back of the tile, you dont necessary have to use a notched trowel to achieve the correct bed of adhesive...

G

GazTech

a lumb hammer and bolster would,nt touch it
the lad had to get the kango out
now the main contractors haggling over the 4 hours day work:mad2:
PMSL....that wouldn't have happened if you didn't have 90/100% coverage and the adhesive gauged to the tile well....

G

GazTech

Paul, you only have yourself to blame for making such a sturdy job of it in the 1st place...lol :lol:

Reply to Dot & Dab travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi All - I am searching for Todagres Aral Beige Pulido tile (large format - 32"x32"/ 120cm x...
Replies
Views
Landsteph
L
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen