Search the forum,

Discuss Dot and dab - hope you can help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

yjag

Good afternoon all.

Hope you can help with a dot n dab query we have. We are plasterboarding a downstairs loo but due to the small size would prefer to dot n dab rather than batten (is that how you spell it?). The plasterboard is only to to go on a wall but it is the wall where the sink will be. Should the plasterboard be treated with something water resistant before sticking up? The wall will be tiled afterwards.

Many thanks
Yvonne

F

Fekin

No, just dot and dab the plasterboard onto the walls, you could always screw it too if your using large heavier tiles, then you can tile away as it is, but some will recommend priming the boards first with acrylic primer, you just paint it on with a roller.
The tile adhesive to be used in a bathroom should be water resistant like Bal Bluestar, or Bal Whitestar if tiling in a power shower area.

Whitestar is widely regarded as one of the best, if not the best tubbed ready mixed adhesive for bathrooms.

But then, if your using heavy large format tiles you need to use a cement based powdered adhesive to get more bonding stick for the heavier tiles, if your using them.

D

DHTiling

hello Yvonne welcome to forums.....watch this bunch of reprobates...........dave..:)

Y

yjag

Thanks for the welcome guys, I can see that when I need help not only will I get good advice, I'll get a laugh too!
:teeth_smile:

Reply to Dot and dab - hope you can help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen