Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Ditra on Anhydrite in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

So if you were using the Ditra over Anhydrite/Gyvlon type screeds what adhesive would you be using to fix the mat down with ?

I

Ian

Only done this once Neale, used Creative Impressions GBTA to stick the mat, still sanded, hoovered and primed the floor first though.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
GBTA or gypfix prepped as normal

B

bugs183

I asked them on the Substrate Training day and they were very cautious, they favoured an Ardex cement based adhesive.

D

Dougs Third Go

it's a bloody minefield,wish they'd all sit round a table and thrash it out:mad2:

D

DHTiling

I have no qualms about tiling to anhydrite with cement based adhesives.... :):):)..

So far anyway :lol:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Schluter favour Ardex as they have tested this themselves. They have never tested gypsum adhesives as far as I know so would not be able to comment which would usually come out as a negative recomendation.

However to be fair if the screed is properly dried and properly prepared there is no reason why a cement based adhesive should not work. I remain (as I have said many times before) uncomfortable with the level of potential risk based on experience.

I

Ian

A I right in saying that Schluter recommend a contact adhesive to stick the mat down? Be it on anhydrite or S&C? Or have I just made that up! It would make perfect sense if the glue bonded to the screed.

Reply to Ditra on Anhydrite in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks