Search the forum,

Discuss Ditra Mat & Flexible tile adhesive, is it overkill? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Indy

Hi.
I have 18mm marine ply as my substrate on my suspended floor wet floor. I have bought some Ditra Matting and plan to cover the entire ground floor with it.I was going to buy some Nicobond Fast Flexible Adhesive but at £25/7kg it is very very expensive.

DSCF8617.jpg

I was thinking that as I have already spent £750 on the Ditra Mat, is it worth the extra money in buying such an expensive S2 adhesive. Do I really need and S2 adhesive or can I get away with and S1 adhesive or even a C2? Mapei Keraquick with the latex compound works out more expensive than a 7kg bag of Nicobond FFA but at least you get 20kg.

Any thoughts or suggestions, is this serious overkill? Could I use a cheaper alternative to Nicobond or Mapei?

:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

IMO.. stick the mat down with keraquick and then tile with it.. as long as deflection is not present then S1 keraquick will perform no probs at all..

I

Indy

Thanks for your reply Dave.

Sorry I should have mentioned that my tiler has bought some 'F44' if that is the correct name to stick the Ditra down to the ply's, since this is paid for I should really use it.

M

Max@ableskills

Hi Indy. Must use ditra to prevent uncoupling its never overkill. Is that a floating floor?

I

Indy

Hi Max,
It's a suspended floor on the ground floor supported with brick pillars, my guess is that lateral deflection will be minimal but I have no idea as to the horizontal expansion due to the UFH.

I was recommended the F44 to stick the Ditra down to the floor, my tiler told me that this is industry practice as the Ditra is made of plastic and thus an acrylic adhesive is needed.

That F Ball site contains a wealth of information, thanks Dave. I'll probably spend my evening there :drool5:
Indy

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Fast flex is good stuff but pricey, having said that compare it with Bal two part and its very cheap!! Do you need to use a two part? Rapidflex is a single part flexi and much cheaper, as in fact are all single part addy's compared with two part's!!

Reply to Ditra Mat & Flexible tile adhesive, is it overkill? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen