Search the forum,

Discuss different thickness tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

cmdceramics

TF
Arms
Reaction score
lol ive just had the same problem, told the customer that it would be better to change the border so they went back to the tile shop and were told that the tiler would be able to pack out the tiles to suit and that all borders come in the same thickness!!!

They believed the guy at the tile shop. Thanks tile shop guy!

Tiler London

S

silver

Hi,
depending on how much to pack out and what the mosaics are (stone, ceramic or ...glass).
There are packing mats available..... basically spacer pegs (square) joined end on on a sheet at about 2>3mm thick..I have used these and they do work..you cut to size.....
If walls are bad and you are on thick tiles and thin mosaics a thin tile >6mm insert can work too. but glass will/could show this through and the addy.

I also express to customers to get similar thickness tiles to borders..probs arise around switches when customer is adament about border height (Kitchen), window recess with vertical trims, shower screen fittings etc....

I have lost count of a "good tiler will get round this" remarks.....A good tiler informs the customer about this and why....and before they buy where possible. I have had no problems with tile shops I use exchanging borders for this reason..they havent lost a sale and are found to be extra helpful...so they dont mind.

The customers just dont think that far into a job...why should they, they are not tilers...thats why we need to help them.

W

White Room

Would be nice if they took notice at times before they went out and bought the tiles:ninja:

Reply to different thickness tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I plan to tile our bathroom with 60x60 cm tiles (8 mm thick) and the shower (because of...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen