Search the forum,

Discuss different thickness tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

callejasmin

Hi there I have been asked to tile a friends bathroom around the bath up to the ceiling and after looking at the chosen tiles I noticed that the boarder tiles are thicker than the rest of the wall tiles..

Q, whats the best way to lay these I think she wants them to all be flush.

Any suggestions of best practice /methods welcome

Cheers callejasmin

B

Bolter

Is there no chance of the customer choosing a different border? Thats quite a difference.

F

Fred

You can go up to a bigger notch trowel using powder gear for the main tiles and a very thin bed trowel for the borders.

C

callejasmin

I will work on her (ooh er)........I did think about different trowel notch sizes but just wandered if there was a trade trick.........

thank you for your input

cheers calle jasmin

D

Daveyboy

That's good advice from Fred, Calle (or is it jasmin?)..but it's still tricky as you've got to keep the wall tiles bedded out the same horizontally and vertically, allowing for any bends in the walls..otherwise you could find you've not bedded out enough in some areas and too much in other areas..def try to get her to go for the same thickness border and wall tiles..:yes:

W

White Room

Try Mapei Keraflex maxi will give you a bed upto 15mm if you can get hold of it for the main tiles

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to different thickness tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I plan to tile our bathroom with 60x60 cm tiles (8 mm thick) and the shower (because of...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen