Search the forum,

Discuss diamond blade choices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

james

maracrist seems to be the most popular, wondered if anone used a different blade and how they rate it and how much.

D

DHTiling

I have been using the marcrist blade for over a year or so now but wasn't happy with the cut sometimes.....so i changed to the new Rubi CPC2 blade and it gives a much better cut IMO.....another thing with the marcrist blade is that it is thinner than standard blades and this causes 2 problems...

1: The blade is thinner than the riving knife on the guard so the tile catches it.

2: The blades can tend to drift off line when doing cuts on large format tiles...

W

White Room

I bought a rubi nd 200 and also got the marcrist blade, Still use the rubi blade it came with been as good as gold. The marcrist still sits in the packaging it came with and the freeby that came with it

Last edited by a moderator:
P

penno

Don't like the Marchrist blades myself, mainly use Rubi blades. For my angle grinder i have a Norton Aerojet blade, nothing comes close to it.

G

grumpygrouter

I have been using the marcrist blade for over a year or so now but wasn't happy with the cut sometimes.....so i changed to the new Rubi CPC2 blade and it gives a much better cut IMO.....another thing with the marcrist blade is that it is thinner than standard blades and this causes 2 problems...

1: The blade is thinner than the riving knife on the guard so the tile catches it.

2: The blades can tend to drift off line when doing cuts on large format tiles...
Do find that on your dw250 as well Dave as I don't seem to have a problem with that?

B

BuyBrandTools

The newest version of the CK-850 is flangeless to stop the problem Dave had from occuring.

B

BuyBrandTools

Neale

I think the main problem was the flange causing the blade to drift offline on certain machines for instance rubi dw's.

The latest version of the blade has had the flange removed to stop this problem.

Marcrist Guarantee this blade to be the tile cutting blade that you have ever used or your money back.

I cant say fairer than that!

Neil

Reply to diamond blade choices in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen