Search the forum,

Discuss cost of fixing fired earth tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Wouldn't have thought it could be done on metre rate in London - travel time, congestion charges, parking, cost of living, higher fuel costs , London waiting, - just to mention a few! Be surprised if it doesn't all come in at £1000 per room ( £50mt) and 3 days each = £350 ish per day.

W

White Room

If your van is older than an 04 you will hit with emissions tag which I believe to be £100 a day....

P

Pebbs

The emissions thing is not the clients concern in all fairness whitebeam, Jonny work it backwards onto your day rate, calculate realistically how many m2 a day you can comfortably do, and then divide it. Then add your overheads and blah de blah blah blah. That way if you get the work, you wont be in a panic. Timeless, even if you may think the streets down here are paved with gold, show me a client who will pay £100.00m2 for this type of tiling, and I'll knock the stone and marble on the head and change over to ceramics being our main trade. If Jonny goes in pricing that high, I think he will be laughed out of the picture so to speak.

Lynn

J

jonnyc

well i stuck to my instinct and what i first thought and it was £50.00 per sq mt labour only.
we will see what happens.
i think some of you guys who are used to notching a wall and putting up many metres in a day would do very well out of that price.
there is not much else you can do with small tiles like these.
my company does mainly stone and when we do porcelain it is always solid bed and we plumb walls and level floors .
i actaully know the client as we used to play squash in similar leagues and have done few jobs in past for him with no queries on cost but it was marble and stone.
difference this time is that his builder asked me for a quote to tile porcelain on house in same road and he said i was way too expensive.
there is 60.00 sq mts of limestone in kitchen /utility as well which i will certainly do , so i am not worried if the bathrooms are taken away from me, but would be nice if could do a whole package for him.
sounds like for the 100 sq mts of metro wall tiles i could be between £1000 -£ 2000 more than a competitor but ultimately client can take his choice.
he knows me well from previous work so will be interesting to see if he thinks i am worth the extra dosh.
i will keep you informed

T

Time's Ran Out

The emissions thing is not the clients concern in all fairness whitebeam, Jonny work it backwards onto your day rate, calculate realistically how many m2 a day you can comfortably do, and then divide it. Then add your overheads and blah de blah blah blah. That way if you get the work, you wont be in a panic. Timeless, even if you may think the streets down here are paved with gold, show me a client who will pay £100.00m2 for this type of tiling, and I'll knock the stone and marble on the head and change over to ceramics being our main trade. If Jonny goes in pricing that high, I think he will be laughed out of the picture so to speak.

Lynn

Not sure if you read my post but my estimation was £50.00 per sq mt and as Johnny C has confirmed that's was his submitted price, so even a old yokel like me can still work out the occasional contract!

T

Time's Ran Out

Wouldn't have thought it could be done on metre rate in London - travel time, congestion charges, parking, cost of living, higher fuel costs , London waiting, - just to mention a few! Be surprised if it doesn't all come in at £1000 per room ( £50mt) and 3 days each = £350 ish per day.

Just in case I'am misquoted!

J

jonnyc

Quick update.
got the job at price I quoted.client just accepted with no questions asked so I have no idea what other tiling firm was quoting.
will be interesting to see how it works out financially.
will reveal in time .contractor just dug the basement of new build so a long ,long way off.
As they say in the travel trade ,book early avoid dissapointment!

B

bugs183

Where's the job Jonny? Will you be travelling in daily??
I was working down in Putney a few weeks ago and found a great little hostel in Hammersmith for only £30 a night. It was spotless, and was a good deal better than many hotels i've stayed in. If that's not near enough try 'lastminute.com' they have some cracking deals on there sometimes.

Reply to cost of fixing fired earth tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen