Search the forum,

Discuss cost of fixing fired earth tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

pricing up a job where 5 bathrooms have the fired earth 75 x 150 crackle tiles called metropolitan lancaster gate.
glazed face with raised centre panel.
all bathrooms approx 20.00 sq mts floor to ceiling.
what would be the going labour rate per sq mt for doing a quality job working in london.
not difficult to fix .just dont do this sort of stuff nowasdays amnd dont want to overcharge a repeat client.

B

bugs183

As you say these tiles though not difficult to fix will take a while due to the size.
I've just googled them and they are not cheap, so i'm sure they want a lovely job done.
I'd be tempted to go with a day rate price on this, what do you think you can do in a day with these, 10m2??
Do you need to pay for parking as well or is the client sorting this for you??

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
pricing up a job where 5 bathrooms have the fired earth 75 x 150 crackle tiles called metropolitan lancaster gate.
glazed face with raised centre panel.
all bathrooms approx 20.00 sq mts floor to ceiling.
what would be the going labour rate per sq mt for doing a quality job working in london.
not difficult to fix .just dont do this sort of stuff nowasdays amnd dont want to overcharge a repeat client.

Not sure of the going rate in London, but I have a feeling these will also need to be sealed, you may need to check and build that into your quote.

J

jonnyc

yes i will be sealing tiles and grout with kf stainstop.
what would you charge up your way

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
if you can do 10m2 a day, up my way i would go in at £25 @ m2 so down london im sure you can had a tenner on that imo, i may be wrong , good luck hope it works out either way

P

Pebbs

Thats a lot of tiles per m2 John, you know what I am going to say, if its a private job, then you know better than me on that front, if its for a contractor dont forget to build you 7.5% into your price.

Lynn

J

jonnyc

Think i will go in with the price I first thought of and see what happens.
if I don't get it then no worries.
i know how to price fixing stone in the high end of domestic market in London for good quality workmanship.
this work is very easy but time consuming .
would Be a nice change

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think Rob is about right there dependant on any prep work I think between £25-£27 per m

S

Spud

those prices are too cheap you have to remember jonny has a ltd company and greater overheads than a solo tiler or a small contractor if you think 25 is correct he would need to add in materials and at least 30 % top to cover his business expenses and make a small margin add to that customer dont choose his company on price its on quality so i would say you would need to be in the high thirties

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
those prices are too cheap you have to remember jonny has a ltd company and greater overheads than a solo tiler or a small contractor if you think 25 is correct he would need to add in materials and at least 30 % top to cover his business expenses and make a small margin add to that customer dont choose his company on price its on quality so i would say you would need to be in the high thirties

He asked for labour only Gary

Reply to cost of fixing fired earth tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen