Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning stains from grey porcelain floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sarah_louise_b

My builder has just laid some black grey tiles in my bathroom, they are almost a slate effect
the make is unicom starker, porcelain tiles.

When the builder left I went to clean the floor, there is a large mark across the tiles near the door as if something has been spilt on them (?dirty water from the grouting), it looks a dirty, ive tried floor cleaner, tile cleaner, wipes, washing up liqiud and I cant make it look any better.

My builder has gone to Austraila for 6 weeks so I cant ask his advice, and my lovely new bathroom is not so lovely.

does anyone have any advice on what can be used to clean these tiles?

S

sarah_louise_b

normal.jpg

1b.jpg

mark1.jpg

mark2.jpg

I hope these work:smilewinkgrin:
the first one is how most of the tiles look (i.e. no marks)
the other three are pics of the marks.

thankyou!!

D

DHTiling

Lithofin Cement away..... but try it on one tile first before the whole floor...

Follow the directions on the bottle.... Also LTP grout stain remover is good.

Reply to Cleaning stains from grey porcelain floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen