Search the forum,

Discuss Cement board for Floor Boards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

I use hardiebacker on floorboards unless there's electric under floor heating, then I use insulation boards.

Q

Qwerty

I've used nearly every board available but pretty much just use Marmox now as I find it lighter, easier to handle and cut and is also an insulation board.

R

RDTiling

^^^^ As above

(For Hardie - Geoff's reply nipped in front of mine!)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dingabell

I've just done two floors over boarded with 6mm Hardibacker and it's very easy to cut and screw down. Paid around £10 a sheet but not sure how good that is? Would definitely use it again.

C

charlie1

Would never dream of using ply now, hardie all the way! I'm still mystified exactly how this stuff works as it does flex itself but when you glue it and screw it, everything becomes solid. I recently used it in a bathroom where there was excessive movement in the floor, I installed hardie with the hope(at best) that it would remove the bounce... Next day it was solid. Amazing stuff .

Reply to Cement board for Floor Boards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
I'm thinking maybe not? I'm used to cement board so my go to. Maybe I can cement board the...
Replies
Views
Hi I’ve tiled my bathroom floor on top of hardie cement board. I have left expansion gaps all...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need an adhesive suitable for 20x20cm cement encaustic tiles on unskimmed plasterboard...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen