Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Can you resin fill ceramic mitres in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hi all can anyone advise me on is it ok to resin fill mitred ceramic subway if so any tips would be appreciated as this will be my first time using this method.also is this the right product to use ,think trim is ugly
image.jpg

Reaction score
You only need trim when walls cannot be straightened ie external corners,no one mitres
cuts these days just as ugly as trim, and tiles that have glazed edges dont seem to exist anymore.
The only option left is to colour in the tile edge
using acrylic paint.This method gives the tiling a natural look.Trim dates a job where as no trim
keeps the natural look.

O

One Day

I've never tried it with ceramics. I think you might see the glaze/biscuit line?
Worth a shot though I'd say.
I've only ever resin filled full-bodied porcelain and more lately, thin porcelains.

Reaction score
Think I might do a tester first to see what it looks like it would look good just grouted but wanted to try a different method

Reply to Can you resin fill ceramic mitres in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks