Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Best / easiest / most cost effective way of custom wetroom floor? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

tonytonys

hello

im going to be installing a walk in shower / wet room area.
the part where the shower is going is around 900mm wide x as long as i like.
im thinking of either:

putting in either a dwarf wall with a fixed glass panel on it, and then a diagonal glass door coming off at around 45 degrees.

or a full height wall then just a glass door coming off at 45 degrees,

or a full height fixed glass panel with a door coming off at 45 degrees,

or building out the area so its square having roughly 900 x 900 area with some sort of glass door.

my question is what is the best or most cost effective way to build a wetroom floor either 900x900 or a custom shaped 900x900 with one corner cut off at roughly 45 degrees?

my other question is then the best way to tank it? do i use tanking matting like homelux etc and if so what is the cheapest per m2 matting material?

thanks for any help.

T

Time's Ran Out

Welcome to Tilers Forum!
Best etc is Wedi boards - just 1 product with sealed joints.

D

DHTiling

Hi .. It really does mean what you mean by cost effective..

Do you the cheapest route or the best route to get longevity from the wetroom.. There are a lot of products on the market but it really comes down to what budget you want to work to.

T

tonytonys

hi
i know cost effective can be a bit misleading.
i mean along the cheaper side of things, but not necessarily the cheapest.
cheapest isnt always best, and it also depends on time and ease of installation.

if the cheapest way of doing it takes all day to install, but a slightly more expensive method takes half the time id take the more expensive method all day long.
everyone's labour time is a significant cost and some people dont take this into consideration.

If there are a few different options id like to have a look at them all and then decide on which way to go.

S

skymole

hi
I've now used both Wedi and Marmox.
Marmox is a cheaper product - I preferred Wedi
For ease of installation for a walk in shower area I would recommend using a Wedi/Marmox/Dukka shower tray (incorporating grille & gulley) - you can then match the level with the appropriate thickness of board.
You will need to tape the edges and joints and paint with a compatible tanking solution - I used Mira Multicoat.
They are not the cheapest solution but saves you forming falls and makes installation of waste & trap easy.
Here's a link to some pics of a job I've just finished - I'm no expert and tiling isn't my trade but it may be of some use to you skymole's Album: First Tiling Job - First Bathroom

Reply to Best / easiest / most cost effective way of custom wetroom floor? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks