Search the forum,

Discuss best diamond blade for granite in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sstilingservice

Hi all I have some granite to lay and was wondering which diamond blade people recommend. I have a small plusplugs wetcutter but found when I did some travertine last week my angle grinder was better so think i might use this method again but not sure a normal diamond blade will be up for the job.
thanks for any advise Steve

S

sstilingservice

can you use these dry or would I need to have a hose ready never cut granite befor

G

Gazzer

An angle grinder and a hose???? :whatchutalkingabout Be careful...no in fact ..Dont do it !!

S

sstilingservice

so dry cut it is then. wasn't sure if it would trash the cutter unfortunatly I dont have room in my car for a nice big full on water cutting system maybe some thing for the future if I start getting a few of these to do.

D

Deleted member 1779

And if you're doing granite then dont forget your drill bits for the holes.

28.jpg

34.jpg

If you drill outside stick a bucket on a hosepipe to hold it in situ.

Then drill your hole....

33a.jpg

And Bobs your uncle!

G

grumpygrouter

so dry cut it is then. wasn't sure if it would trash the cutter unfortunatly I dont have room in my car for a nice big full on water cutting system maybe some thing for the future if I start getting a few of these to do.
I can get my Rubi DW250N in my BMW 325tds Touring, no problems ( apart from it being F*****' heavy!), and yes I get my other stuff in too!

P

penno

Get a Rubi blade if you are wet cutting (breeze through granite) or if you are dry cutting throw a norton blade on the angle grinder (can get from screwfix, brilliant blade).
Both cut much better than the Marcrist, no effort needed atall.

Reply to best diamond blade for granite in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen