Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Be nice people!! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stavs tiles

Hi guys,

Done a weekend tiling course over 2 weeks and have a passion for tiling.

What do you think so far?

Stav

IMG_7239.JPG IMG_7243.JPG IMG_7269.JPG IMG_7250.JPG IMG_7251.JPG IMG_7273.JPG IMG_7283.JPG

S

Stavs tiles

Thanks pdc, I did primer it with bal Acrylic. Have it a nice coat with a big paint brush. Ensured there was no dust and primed it with a nice coat :)

S

Stavs tiles

Gotta love a selfie on the job :) tiling is a massive art and I respect all tilers.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Looks good mate. I would advise doing full rows at a time. At some point you will come across tiles that vary in size and it makes it easier. I've had it today where there was a 2mm difference from tile to tile. With the help of spacers and rubi wedges I could split the difference and keep the rows as straight as possible. If your cuts at the side were all slightly larger tiles you would start to lose the joint. Not a criticism though, just advise

L

LM

Stavs fair play to you for posting your first attempt, it all looks good. Heed the above post from @peteablard, its good advice. My two pence worth would be to tank 'ALL' wet areas. You will get some old school people pitching in that it's not necessary, but in some countries it's actually law never mind good practice. So as I said nice work and don't shy from asking us for any advice, we all were in your position at some point.
Good luck mate :)

T

Time's Ran Out

I don't see much in the way of adhesive down the edges of the tiles so are they solid bed fixed or just dot and dab?

Reply to Be nice people!! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks