Search the forum,

Discuss Be nice people!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stavs tiles

Hi guys,

Done a weekend tiling course over 2 weeks and have a passion for tiling.

What do you think so far?

Stav

IMG_7239.JPG IMG_7243.JPG IMG_7269.JPG IMG_7250.JPG IMG_7251.JPG IMG_7273.JPG IMG_7283.JPG

S

Stavs tiles

Thanks pdc, I did primer it with bal Acrylic. Have it a nice coat with a big paint brush. Ensured there was no dust and primed it with a nice coat :)

S

Stavs tiles

Gotta love a selfie on the job :) tiling is a massive art and I respect all tilers.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Looks good mate. I would advise doing full rows at a time. At some point you will come across tiles that vary in size and it makes it easier. I've had it today where there was a 2mm difference from tile to tile. With the help of spacers and rubi wedges I could split the difference and keep the rows as straight as possible. If your cuts at the side were all slightly larger tiles you would start to lose the joint. Not a criticism though, just advise

L

LM

Stavs fair play to you for posting your first attempt, it all looks good. Heed the above post from @peteablard, its good advice. My two pence worth would be to tank 'ALL' wet areas. You will get some old school people pitching in that it's not necessary, but in some countries it's actually law never mind good practice. So as I said nice work and don't shy from asking us for any advice, we all were in your position at some point.
Good luck mate :)

Reply to Be nice people!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen