Search the forum,

Discuss Be nice people!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

I don't see much in the way of adhesive down the edges of the tiles so are they solid bed fixed or just dot and dab?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be right!

Screenshot_20161215-155800.png

S

Stavs tiles

@peteablard & @LEE MAC thanks for your tips :) much approached. Agree on the tanking kit. For the sake of £50 and a few hours we'll work it.

@peteablard do you mean do course by course on wall, i.e. Start on the left where the radiator is, follow it round the bath and then on the right hand side? If so I will give this a try next time.

@timeless john & @mike1979. I def didn't dot and dab. I used a 8mm notch trowl and also buttered the tile.

I made sure to clean all the joints so there's no adhesive in there so it's full of grout only.

I'm looking forward to my next job and thanks to all you amazing tilers for giving us advice and guiding me through this :) again, my upmost respect for tilers who take pride in their work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Be nice people!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen