Discuss Batten bath onto kerdi? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

James --

Hi, I am battening out the far end of a corridor shaped bathroom to hide pipes/waterfall filler. The corner bath will take the whole width of the room.
Plan a was to hardi the wall, then batten onto the hardi to support the edge of the bath
Plan b after reading the forum was to also tank it.

Further reading and desire to have a niche since I’m battening out anyway, changed to plan c and use kerdi board rather than cement board.

However now I am stuck, the bath doesn’t have enough depth on the side to not look bad with kerdi plus tiles going over it. That seems to rule out having the kerdi start just above the bath
However if I kerdi the whole wall I assume I can’t sandwich kerdi between two battens?
(Noggen on the wall, kerdi then batten to Support bath side)

What’s the correct way to secure a bath to a stud wall with kerdi on all of it ? YouTube seems only to have vids of baths with lips to marry up to the boards

Thanks for any assistance!

J

James --

Thanks, so I will have a deeper bath securing batten, then I won’t push the bath tight against the studs, but have it pulled forward a few mm?

Then seal with their kerdi silicon and the band fabric to the edge of the bath ?

Kind regards

Reaction score
Thanks, so I will have a deeper bath securing batten, then I won’t push the bath tight against the studs, but have it pulled forward a few mm?

Then seal with their kerdi silicon and the band fabric to the edge of the bath ?

Kind regards

Hi James,

Thank you for considering using KERDI-BOARD, we also supply pre-fabricated niches which should save you some time. It would be good if you contact our technical team and explain your application, they will be able to advise you. You can email them on [email protected] or give them a call on 01530 813 396.

Best regards,
Georgia

W

WetSaw

Batten the wall, fit Kerdi down to batten, fit bath, kerdi band with kerdi coll to bath/wall joint.

Reply to Batten bath onto kerdi? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks