Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom finished today in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
The last 2 bathrooms I used gunmetal MM2 on went ever so slightly patchy, not that noticeable but have never experienced it before.
Happened to me once so far went really patchy on the last job on a porcelain tile but has dried perfect on this job these are ceramic but I’ve been using ultra tile silver grey which is the same colour as gunmetal and had no problems what so ever with it

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Its really odd, I know some have had problems but I have never experienced it before.
Going to change, thought about trying Keracoll Fugabella but need to get to Pro tiler to see if I can get a colour chart and set up an account.

B

Blunt Tool

Its really odd, I know some have had problems but I have never experienced it before.
Going to change, thought about trying Keracoll Fugabella but need to get to Pro tiler to see if I can get a colour chart and set up an account.
I’ve had same problems with Mapei, sanding sorted it

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Had problems with the smoke and the gunmetal and haven’t tried the Keracoll grout yet but if it’s anything like the adhesive they make I’m sure it will be good

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
@antonio our resident Italian pro tiler doesn’t rate the Kerakoll cement based grout very highly

It’s probably all that hot, sunny weather he works in, goes off too quick.

I

Italy

@antonio our resident Italian pro tiler doesn’t rate the Kerakoll cement based grout very highly
pro tiler?......I'm not used to this qualification...

here there are 2 types, fugabella and fugabella porcelana,
the latter based on lime and I abandoned it.
normal fugabelle is a bit 'better, but in recent months I'm
using only mapei ultracolor.

Reply to Bathroom finished today in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen