Discuss Bal Sbr Or Weber Pr30 in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi
Need to restock on some primer, BAl spr or Weber pr360, is thee difference?
Over £15 more for bal so wondering if its worth using Weber
Cheers
D

J

J Sid

I use the Weber pr360 only because I use Weber adhesive.
I believe you should always use the primer recommend by your chosen adhesive manufacturer.

What adhesive are you planning on using?

O

One Day

I don't believe all SBR is the same - just like all acrylic primers aren't the same.
Quality and amount of key ingredients can differ - just like anything i suppose.
I've used Everbuild SBR with no issues - looks and smells the same as BAL but I know it won't be as good.
Does it really matter as a primer? Probably not.

For the record though - I can't get on with Weber primers although I do use a lot of Weber adhesive.
PR360 always seems to skin for me - even diluted way past recommendations.
BAL SBR always "feels" and looks right though.

O

Old Mod

Good old B&Q :) ( Trade point ) .
surprised-004.gif

Reply to Bal Sbr Or Weber Pr30 in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks