Search the forum,

Discuss Arch with one side Tile, one side Sheetrock? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Merc

Hello,
I am looking for some suggestions on how to do an arch in shower. Side facing out is to be sheetrock, side facing in is to be tile. Bottom of arch to be tile also. How in the world am I going to finish off where tile meets sheetrock in an arch???? This would be the side facing outward and most noticeable in arch.

Help!

P

peckers

ok presuming sheetrock is plasterboard? is it being skimmed and painted? if so could the plasterer drop the bead down to cover the finished edge of your tiles(so as its flush with the face of your tiles) and then skim to that maybe??

D

doug boardley

only way I could think (apart from leaving tile edges showing) is to use an "L" shaped trim that would curl the right way round the arch.

M

Merc

Is there a flexible piece of trim or bead that can be formed to edge of an arch? I just dont know.

M

Merc

yes it will be skimmed and painted. I am just worried about how the edge will appear....seems like it would have to be perfect or your eye will draw right to it.

D

DHTiling

Hello,
I am looking for some suggestions on how to do an arch in shower. Side facing out is to be sheetrock, side facing in is to be tile. Bottom of arch to be tile also. How in the world am I going to finish off where tile meets sheetrock in an arch???? This would be the side facing outward and most noticeable in arch.

Help!

I gather you are over the pond, with terminology.. So welcome to tilers forums..

Are you going to water proof this sheetrock area as well..?

Do you intend to tile the inner arch..?

Reply to Arch with one side Tile, one side Sheetrock? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen