Search the forum,

Discuss Arch with one side Tile, one side Sheetrock? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Hello,
I am looking for some suggestions on how to do an arch in shower. Side facing out is to be sheetrock, side facing in is to be tile. Bottom of arch to be tile also. How in the world am I going to finish off where tile meets sheetrock in an arch???? This would be the side facing outward and most noticeable in arch.

Help!

I gather you are over the pond, with terminology.. So welcome to tilers forums..

Are you going to water proof this sheetrock area as well..?

Do you intend to tile the inner arch..?

M

Merc

yes I am from "across the pond" and appreciate this forum which I stumbled across when searching for info related to my question. Glad I could introduce you chaps to the term "Sheetrock" :) This Arch will be at the entrance to the shower, there will be a shower curtain that will hang behind arch. We have not settled on type of tile yet. Is there a recommendation as to what to use on arch to ease the pain of installation? The sheetrock side of arch I did not plan on waterproofing since it is on the dry side of arch.

Doug, I was unable to view your picture
Phil, that formable metal tile trim looks exactly like what I need to make the transition.
Dave you speak of decoration, what did you have in mind?

Again, I really appreciate the help.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Sorry about the delay

Attachments

• curve 1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 14
  • curve2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 12
  • curve3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 13
  • curve4.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Arch with one side Tile, one side Sheetrock? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.