Search the forum,

Discuss Anhydrite adhesive test. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

They have had heating on, something they hadnt before . It was off when test was done though .

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ah yes. That would help enormously. For some reason I thought this one was unheated...

J

jonnyc

omg!!!
i think we are going round in circles and this is so very confusing.
what has come out of this thread though which was not brought up before in anything i have read is the Creative impressions adhesive which sounds very encouraging.
I can honestly say that i have never come across a system of tiling that has caused so much confusion and resulted in so much angst for tilers and failures.
there is nothing close !!!

G

Gazzer

Very true Jonny.
The talk around here is all of problems, failures and head scratching. I dont want to be one of the victims , hence my openly talking about it and trying to sort a reliable method for it.

B

bugs183

Too right lads, it has been a nightmare, i've been tiling over 22 years and the only thing that has come close was when they dropped porcelain tiles on us. Nothing cut them and then there was no adhesive around to stick them, how there weren't more failures god only knows.
I've been determined to find out as much as i can and find solutions as to be honest i like floor tiling and not wall tiling, it was looking like giving up trying to tiles these screeds, and i'm being serious here, i simply hadn't found any adhesive i trusted.
It does look like Creative Impressions could be the light at the end of the tunnel. They have been mentioned before, but seem to have been under the radar a bit.
Just finishing my big stone floor on Anhydrite and will have to wait tuill the end of October before i get try it out.

G

Gazzer

My local stockist was asked to take on Creatives adhesive but they needed to have a pallet at a time and they just dont get the call for it at the moment.

B

bugs183

I'm looking into all the ins and outs with all the related faff that needs to be addressed with these screeds, so watch this space, i may have a cunning plan....

J

jonnyc

Too right lads, it has been a nightmare, i've been tiling over 22 years and the only thing that has come close was when they dropped porcelain tiles on us. Nothing cut them and then there was no adhesive around to stick them, how there weren't more failures god only knows.
I've been determined to find out as much as i can and find solutions as to be honest i like floor tiling and not wall tiling, it was looking like giving up trying to tiles these screeds, and i'm being serious here, i simply hadn't found any adhesive i trusted.#

It does look like Creative Impressions could be the light at the end of the tunnel. They have been mentioned before, but seem to have been under the radar a bit.
Just finishing my big stone floor on Anhydrite and will have to wait tuill the end of October before i get try it out.
you just mentioned that youve been in the game for 22 years, which is very interesting..Look back at this thread and others and i think we will find that many of the contributors to threads about anhydrite screeds are long time served tilers. just this thread alone sees you, sir ramic , deanotile, ray tt and me wanting answers.gary the tiler has given masses of input based on his experience abroad from which we now recieve product.
Its not that we dont want to change what with new products and fast track systems!!!!!
its completely the opposite.
none of us would be in business if we have had to second guess and waste so much of our time on anew
tile laying system in the past !!
we survive because we care about what we do and collectively have a mass of experience in all tile related fixing .

J

jonnyc

what i am trying to convey is :
if very experienced tilers are having problems getting it right on these screeds , what chance does a newly qualified professional tiler with less experience have?

Reply to Anhydrite adhesive test. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen