Search the forum,

Discuss Advice re tiling and KEEPING walls uneven on 400 yr old cottage walls in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Potter

TF
Reaction score
Hello all... I would be really greatful for some ideas and advice about tiling some VERY uneven walls...that I want to keep uneven...the walls are hundreds of years old and full of charm...a bath and shower above the bath are going next to the walls... I am struggling to know how to go about it...

O

Old Mod

If you want to tile the walls but keep their character,
Then tile them in the smallest tile that you can find that you like. The best choice would be mosaic. They will hug the contours of your walls and show them to be undulating.
Even 50 x 50mm would give the desired effect.
White pearlescent mosaics would. E my choice.

W

WetSaw

A rustic, handmade style tile would also help as they're not meant to look flat and perfect. Screenshot_20170924-081523.png

Potter

TF
Reaction score
Hi. Thank you all... Unfortunately metros just won't 'fit in' so to speak , as on the other walls I am using cream marble tiles, and the floor is going to be black granite, Star Galaxy...I think I will either end up giving in and dot and dabing..which would be easier, but I would loose those lovely walls ( and I have only just smashed all the plasterboard off the battened wall..!! Or, I will end up doing PDC's idea...but in black, to contrast against the cream marble...I just hope I don't end up regretting it, and it looking like a dogs back leg...gulp!!

Reply to Advice re tiling and KEEPING walls uneven on 400 yr old cottage walls in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen