Currently reading:
Advice re tiling and KEEPING walls uneven on 400 yr old cottage walls

Search the forum,

Discuss Advice re tiling and KEEPING walls uneven on 400 yr old cottage walls in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

WetSaw

A rustic, handmade style tile would also help as they're not meant to look flat and perfect. Screenshot_20170924-081523.png

Hi. Thank you all... Unfortunately metros just won't 'fit in' so to speak , as on the other walls I am using cream marble tiles, and the floor is going to be black granite, Star Galaxy...I think I will either end up giving in and dot and dabing..which would be easier, but I would loose those lovely walls ( and I have only just smashed all the plasterboard off the battened wall..!! Or, I will end up doing PDC's idea...but in black, to contrast against the cream marble...I just hope I don't end up regretting it, and it looking like a dogs back leg...gulp!!

Hi. Yes, I bought some Ever Build tanking a while ago...I also looked at the split face tiles...really liked them...but they are actually pretty large tiles, as they don't come as small individuals...they are a good 15" long x 6" width...so no good...also with two teenage daughters who live in the bathroom half the time, I did think the same as Andy...a bugger to clean...I am goung to keep looking , but I think mosaics are the way to go...as when I say the wall is out... think, ocean...with waves...!!!! The wall waves in every direction...A challenge...!!!

Timeless John...you show me the smaller splitface....plus as said previously, a nightmare to clean...I am not into chemicals...bit of an eco fiend...Have used Ecover for over 30 years...cannot beat it...splitface are not for me....
Bond and Callatiler...I initially dismissed the pebbles as I have had those previously in a bathroom, but on the floor....However, I am definitely warming to the idea...and they are a reasonable price...Some I have looked at make me pale and feel quite ill, as I would have to re mortgage just to tile the bathroom..!!Think I am going with the black to contrast....So many thanks to one and all...you all gave me food for thought, of which I am grateful....

Reply to Advice re tiling and KEEPING walls uneven on 400 yr old cottage walls in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement