Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive on a wooden substrate. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

I never ever use an S2 unless I'm sticking to metal or something like that. Also, I can't remember the exact names for it but deformable means it will bend to some extent before breaking but it won't go back to its original form, so pointless really. Isn't kerakolls adhesive mega flexible I've seen them jumping on a board with tiles on ?

D

Dumbo

I thought a S2 adhesive wasn't more flexible the a S1 it had a stronger bond strength. They are very different from a Fastflex which is more rubbery/flexible.
I don't know about flexibility but what they quote for differences between s1 and s2 is deformability and s2 is more deformable therefor I would think it is more flexible . In a recent test using s2 I can confirm it has a higher bond strength as It was on my hands for 3 days

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Topps used to sell a 2 part flexi, when mixed it was like liquid rubber in a bucket.
Bloody awful stuff.

J

J Sid

I don't know about flexibility but what they quote for differences between s1 and s2 is deformability and s2 is more deformable therefor I would think it is more flexible . In a recent test using s2 I can confirm it has a higher bond strength as It was on my hands for 3 days

wp_ss_20190124_0001 (2).png

Reply to Adhesive on a wooden substrate. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen