Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive on a wooden substrate. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I normally use bal single part fast flex on wooden substrates over boarded with Hardie.
I need an adhesive that's as flexible, but more rapid setting than the 5 hours fast flex takes to dry...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...:)

O

One Day

Mapei's ultralight S2 quick is rapid, but in this weather probably the same.
Have you tried mixing with warm water Andy? That can speed it up.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
But would you tile a over boarded floor where ultimate wouldn't be adequate?
I know I wouldn't
Hence my question....
I've always gone with the belt and braces approach to a wooden substrate, using, imo the most flexible adhesive I know.

Some adhesive is sold as flexible, but imo only flexible enough for UFH...

J

J Sid

I thought a S2 adhesive wasn't more flexible the a S1 it had a stronger bond strength. They are very different from a Fastflex which is more rubbery/flexible.

H

hmtiling

S1 has always served me well with timber floors. If I need an s2 my go to is now rocatex. They've a standard set one which I'll be trying shortly

Reply to Adhesive on a wooden substrate. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen