Search the forum,

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mp3wizard

So I put down some insulation boards earlier, it was keraquick s1 flexible adhesive 20kg mixed with 5.2 litres of water, I certainly learnt a few lessons today, I used a 6mm notched trial, and back buttered all boards, it was all a bit frantic, I believe I have kept about 5mm around the edges free from board but not free from adhesive, does this matter? Although I believe I was fairly consistent with the mix I can see one or 2 slight ridges, this time I was on my own and it was rapid set, for laying tiles I'd have someone with me, I wouldn't be using rapid set and id be using levellers inbetween the tiles, I've only put down 7 boards so far so I am hopeing by the time I've laid them all I'll be a lot better at it.

image.jpg

M

mp3wizard

yep I will have a cleanup, and I've got the screws and washers so will put those on also.

I'm trying to work out how many levelling clips/wedges I will need for this job, I've got 42 800 x 800mm tiles to put down, which works out as 23.3ish square meters,

I'm looking at;
RLS leveling system & Tile Spacers - http://www.kwiksplit.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_Raimondi_Tile_Spacers_and_Levelling_System.html

but can't work out how many I need, doesn't help that the chart consumption chart doesn't open for me on my laptop.

I

Italy

yep I will have a cleanup, and I've got the screws and washers so will put those on also.

I'm trying to work out how many levelling clips/wedges I will need for this job, I've got 42 800 x 800mm tiles to put down, which works out as 23.3ish square meters,

I'm looking at;
RLS leveling system & Tile Spacers - http://www.kwiksplit.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_Raimondi_Tile_Spacers_and_Levelling_System.html

but can't work out how many I need, doesn't help that the chart consumption chart doesn't open for me on my laptop.
8,7 pz for mq
02_rls_STD_tabella_consumi_OK.jpg

Raimondi s.p.a. professional tile tools Raimondi Levelling System - Raimondi s.p.a. professional tile tools - http://tilelevelingsystem.raimondispa.com/

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen