Search the forum,

Discuss 6mm ply and warm-up underfloor heating-best flexi tile adhesive?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hayden Goy

Hi all,

Which is the best Tile adhesive to get?? i've have a concrete floor with a 6mm ply base which ive used evo to stick it down with. I've got warm-up underfloor cable to go onto this and was wondering which is the best tile adhesive or grout to buy??

thats all

D

davy_G

You are at a stage where you can really improve your warmup time. Speak with Aaron at U-heat and get the ply up and lay insulation board instead.
Then use a SLC suiteble for UFH over the mat or wire and use a flexible addy your tile shop recommends for the application.

H

Hayden Goy

To stop the loss of heat from the underfloor heating and the 6mm insualtion boards i had was rubbish

H

Hayden Goy

You are at a stage where you can really improve your warmup time. Speak with Aaron at U-heat and get the ply up and lay insulation board instead.
Then use a SLC suiteble for UFH over the mat or wire and use a flexible addy your tile shop recommends for the application.

i cannot take the ply up now its too late everything is fixed onto it and i had underfloor boards but i wasn't happy with the strength of them I only have 6m to play with.

W

White Room

The ply could cause you problems later on, the cold from the floor and heat may cause it to move and tile failure. Check the sponser UHeat he do's insulation boards at a very good price

H

Hayden Goy

The ply could cause you problems later on, the cold from the floor and heat may cause it to move and tile failure. Check the sponser UHeat he do's insulation boards at a very good price

the floor temp shouldn't change that much it has 100mm kingspan under-it. so its already insualted

Reply to 6mm ply and warm-up underfloor heating-best flexi tile adhesive?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen