Currently reading:
600 x 600 Porcelain tiles on a worktop

Discuss 600 x 600 Porcelain tiles on a worktop in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kendo1

When you consider hygiene, a continuous surface is best.
Granted you're thinking about epoxy grout, any other is not worth thinking about.

I don't think of wood as a high maintenance surface. It's not as if you are constantly oiling it, just every now and then.
You have to keep it clean, but you have to do that with any surface.

You say in your original post that you were considering edging in timber. The join is going to be where germs will breed.
Maybe it's a personal thing, I do not like tiled work surfaces.
It's your kitchen though. :)

K

kendo1

Hm.
Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days. Eventually, Archangel Michael found him on the seventh day resting. He enquired of God, "Where have you been?"

God pointed down through the clouds. "Look Michael, look what I've made," said God.

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing down to different parts of the Earth,

"For example, North America will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while South America is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot, and Russia will be a cold spot. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people." God continued, pointing to the different countries, "This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to another area of land and asked, "What's that?"

"Ah," said God. "That's the Scotland, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful people, and many impressive cities; it is the home of the world's finest artists, musicians, writers, thinkers, explorers and politicians. The people from the Scotland are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found travelling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hard-working and high-achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as speakers of truth."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about balance God, you said there will be BALANCE!"

God replied very wisely, "Wait till you see the bunch of tossers I'm putting down South."

Reply to 600 x 600 Porcelain tiles on a worktop in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.