Search the forum,

Discuss 600 x 600 Porcelain tiles on a worktop in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Shultzy

TF
Reaction score
From other posts I've found that 600 x 600 Porcelain tiles are suitable for worktops but which adhesive and what thickness?

If I diy do I need a longer setting time?

The grout suggested is epoxy but would silicone be suitable?

I propose to edge the front of the worktop with timber, what should I put between the tile and the wood?

T

Time's Ran Out

Not sure which 'other posts' you have read - but be careful which 60x60cm porcelain you choose as some of those supplied by a large DIY store clearly have stated on the packaging NOT suitable for food preparation areas.

Shultzy

TF
Reaction score
Thanks timeless john, I've posted about this on this site. I went to Porcelanosa today and they assure me that any pure porcelain tile is food safe.

T

Time's Ran Out

Well that's okay then as long as the salesman has assured you :lol: - I should have gone to Specsavers.

J

jay

Not sure which 'other posts' you have read - but be careful which 60x60cm porcelain you choose as some of those supplied by a large DIY store clearly have stated on the packaging NOT suitable for food preparation areas.

Agree think they need to be glazed

K

kendo1

Threadjack Alert!
Every time I pour a round of drinks, it goes all over the place.

I think I need glasses.

K

kendo1

Why do you want to tile a kitchen work surface?
There are other more suitable materials.

Reply to 600 x 600 Porcelain tiles on a worktop in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen