Search the forum,

Discuss 600 x 600 Porcelain tiles on a worktop in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kendo1

Let's put it another way.
Why don't you change the worktop?

I'm a kitchen and bathroom fitter, hence the question.

Shultzy

TF
Reaction score
Other options such as granite, eco, or corian are too expensive and are highly susceptible to damage and staining. Wood, although not that expensive is high maintenance. Formica is the only other candidate.

K

kendo1

When you consider hygiene, a continuous surface is best.
Granted you're thinking about epoxy grout, any other is not worth thinking about.

I don't think of wood as a high maintenance surface. It's not as if you are constantly oiling it, just every now and then.
You have to keep it clean, but you have to do that with any surface.

You say in your original post that you were considering edging in timber. The join is going to be where germs will breed.
Maybe it's a personal thing, I do not like tiled work surfaces.
It's your kitchen though. :)

K

kendo1

Why does Stephen Hawking have to wear glasses?

Surely they can just upgrade his graphics card.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Shultzy I'm just on process of designing my own bathroom and having a cabinet built and topped with this product. Not got a quote yet but the supplier has told me its much cheaper than corian. Maybe worth a look.

Gallery

Reply to 600 x 600 Porcelain tiles on a worktop in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen