Search the forum,

Discuss Zipper Door in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

When I work in a bathroom I often hang (nail) a dust sheet to the door architrave to 1) stop the dust going out the room and 2) to protect the inside of the door from damage.
Well today I was given a Zipper Door which is essentially a clear plastic sheet with a tent like zip opening which is masking tape held to the wall or frame.
I must have expressed enthusiasm of the highest order for after speaking to the Genesis representatives they provided me with a test package which I was truly appreciated with.
Had the 'Hog Roast' and lemonade not been via the courtesy of CTD Newcastle trade afternoon I would have bought them a cup of coffee!
I haven't a clue how much it will cost (as price for such innovation is irrelevant) but to show care for a clients property must be brownie points for a satisfied customer.
Now all that remains is for a link up with a masking tape supplier:smilewinkgrin:

W

White Room

http://www.*******************/images/840%20ZipperDoor.jpg
About £16.50 with vat

T

Time's Ran Out

Got about 8 jobs out of it and well into my 2nd Zipper Door now!
First couple of jobs I used gaffa tape and it stuck to both surfaces too well, now just use masking tape. The response from customers and project managers is very positive and now I've started to fit it the right way up it's much easier to get through!
It does however have a lifespan as the stitching to the zip will split after more than a few uses and although still usable, needs replacing to maintain a professional look.
Great when using an angle grinder or working in an En Suite and always worth having in the van along with other dust sheets and covers.

D

DHTiling

Now they do look like a worthwhile product...

Are these for sale through genesis..TJ.?

T

Time's Ran Out

Now they do look like a worthwhile product...

Are these for sale through genesis..TJ.?

Thats it Dave - Genisis do them - not a sample ,actually paid for the 2nd one after receiving the 1st at a trade day and expressing an interest.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

every product added to a tiling job makes the tiler less money and the prouducers of the unesaary more soon be down to less than 20% for us :mad2:

Reply to Zipper Door in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen