Search the forum,

Discuss Your prefered adhesive. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Who uses dispersion adhesives and who uses only bagged( powdered) adhesives,.? or maybe even both...

D

DHTiling

If you use disperson adhesives , can i ask your preference using these to bagged gear.?

D

doug boardley

powder by choice for me, but if I'm doing a kitchen splashie and customer has got a reputable tubbed stuff and walls are good, I'll use it:thumbsup:I've voted for powder, 'cos that's my preferred addy

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diamondtiling

Used power for so long now, Just dont see the point in using something that takes an age to dry, I used a tub of granfix about 4 years ago just to see if it had improved, went to drill a hole the next day and the tile was still moving!!

:mad2::mad2: that was the last time everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

C

CJ CERAMICS

powered addy for me....but i do use tubbed bal or mapei for small jobs ie small splashbacks. :thumbsup:

H

hillhead

Bagged all the way here,again the tubbed not reliable enough for me.Takes too long and even had tiles pop off before 24hours after being put on !! just aswell i hadn't grouted so they were put back on with bagged and the rest of room checked throughly.

D

diamondtiling

So you didn't stick it back on with the tubbed gear and quickly grout it?..............................are you sure..................???

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Reply to Your prefered adhesive. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen