Search the forum,

Discuss Your advice for new tilers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

We are lucky down Wiltshire,Hampshire way . We have a contractor called Mayhew easiscreed if you are lucky enough to go behind one of his floors it is a case of combining floor back skim away you go . I visited a customer who had one of his floors surveyed and over 35 sqm it deviated +or- 1mm over the whole floor .
That's the only firm that does the 'Isle of Wight and they are always perfect! Their advice regarding prep is woeful though

M

Mikey B

Although already mentioned above how tilers are on many occasions expected to get over the worst of prep, it can't be stressed enough how important the prep is. Don't put up with builders' and plasterers' attitude that the tiler will get over it. You won't do yourself any favours by trying to dub out with extra adhesive and remember, the larger the tile the straighter the floor or wall needs to be. Make this clear to the client.

B

Blunt Tool

Although already mentioned above how tilers are on many occasions expected to get over the worst of prep, it can't be stressed enough how important the prep is. Don't put up with builders' and plasterers' attitude that the tiler will get over it. You won't do yourself any favours by trying to dub out with extra adhesive and remember, the larger the tile the straighter the floor or wall needs to be. Make this clear to the client.
Welcome to the forum :)

Reply to Your advice for new tilers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen