Discuss Your advice for new tilers in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

On one

Turn up when you say you will turn up!
Manners cost you nothing......ie please and thank you.
The last thing you leave is the first thing a customer will see(ie when you leave a job)
So tidy up after yourself,and never expect or assume the customer will tidy up after you.

N

Natwasere

Don't suffer any fools, and don't take any crap off builders and other jokers you will meet along the way.

Favourite builders quote...... "just put some more adhesive under it"

That's is what I was told after pulling the builder up for this newly screened floor

20161031_092214.jpg

O

One Day

If it makes you feel better, I just finished a 50sqm floor with 750x750 porcelain. Fixed 45sqm one day - 7hrs. Finished the corners and nibs and grouted today.
The floor was perfect, best I've ever fixed to. Anhydrite installed and prepared properly. Comb the floor, back skim the tile, drop and move on...!

Oh if only every floor was the same....

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, I just finished a 50sqm floor with 750x750 porcelain. Fixed 45sqm one day - 7hrs. Finished the corners and nibs and grouted today.
The floor was perfect, best I've ever fixed to. Anhydrite installed and prepared properly. Comb the floor, back skim the tile, drop and move on...!

I swear I've never ever heard anybody say that! Ever!

D

Dumbo

We are lucky down Wiltshire,Hampshire way . We have a contractor called Mayhew easiscreed if you are lucky enough to go behind one of his floors it is a case of combining floor back skim away you go . I visited a customer who had one of his floors surveyed and over 35 sqm it deviated +or- 1mm over the whole floor .

F

Flintstone

Kerching!!
What trowel did you use for that ?

Reply to Your advice for new tilers in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks