Search the forum,

Discuss XPS board and flexy ady. Any tips for laying. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

ubdai

Just about to lay down some XPS insulation boards for the UFH system and would like know the best way of getting the most contact between the board and the ady. ie do I do it the same way as with floortiles, place them into the ady and then give them little wriggle or is their a better method that can be used.
The xps boards seem to be semi flexible but can still snap if not careful when handling them

cheers
ubdai

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
bed of adhesive, I normally use a 6mm trowel, put the boards down and wiggle them about, I normally stand on mine and do the shuffle...lol

Reaction score
Are these the blue ones? What thickness are they?

What thickness are they once they have been trod all over and compressed???? Rendering them useless.....

Sorry.......hate these boards.......just my opinion and be debated many a time......there not fit for purpose.

D

deanwessex

Have to agree with Lee, you have to be very carefull not to crush them when laying

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I too agree with lee...... Which is possibly a first??

great for screeding on top but tiling direct.... Not sure at all

U

Uheat - Keith

Good morning all,

There is about six grades of the XPS boards, ours are the top grade, High Density and have a Compressive Strength of 300 kPa (BS EN 826) That is about a 30 stone man standing on them with no problem.
These boards have the same Thermal Conductivity as Construction boards as they both have the same core. Construction boards then have the 1mm fibreglass mesh embedded into a cement polymer mortar on each face.

Our Ekoboard sales are over 150000 sheets over 5+ years.
We installed these in our front office in 2006, the Tilers called off for three weeks and we walked over them for all that time, no problem.

We do advise that UFH and/or tiling should be carried out sooner, i.e next day after installing boards.
We also stock/sell Marmox.

Warm regards, Keith

Reply to XPS board and flexy ady. Any tips for laying. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen