Currently reading:
Workwear

Discuss Workwear in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I'm currently in the process of updating my workwear and I'm looking at options for personalisation, either embroidery or screen printing my logo onto shirts/jackets.

This got me thinking how many others out there do this. Most of the "tilers" I come into contact with at the local stores seem to just wear jeans etc.

Do many of you have polo shirts or t-shirts with your company logo on?

I'm of the opinion that image counts, first impressions last, etc etc

I once got called to a job after a cowboy had completely bodged it. I don't think he'd ever picked up a tile before in his life. I asked the customer why he chose him and he said "his van looked very professional" It cost a day while I replaced a few of the worst offending tiles but it was either that or a full strip out and retile (thats probably later this year)

Anyway, image counts so I'll be going with polo's/fleeces. :thumbsup:

S

stevee

besides work polo shirts i also have em with a little logo on the pec to wear out

sweatshirt too, why wouldnt u ,free advertising:thumbsup:
DSCN2829.jpg

DSCN2828.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

tbh, up here in Lakes, a bit of a niche market, I actually end up grilling customers as to why I should do their work:lol:, are they suitable, will they accept my prep specs etc etc etc:thumbsup: if not I say"you'd better get the yellow pages out then"

thats a nice position to be in doug

where i am so many builders are out of work, its a nightmare

they can all paint and tile too............funny that

it will sort itself out

only the best will survive

trick is to be the best in every way

M

mikethetile

im pleased your thinking that way sean

ive always been of the opinion that my work speaks for itself and if the customer likes you and the way you work you will get the job and get reccomended on

this is true but its not enough

your image says a lot about you

when your driving about or nipping into the shop your next customer sees you and gets an impression of your business

when they see your ad it will click and you will get a call

im in the process of sorting out embroidered sweats and tees

as doug says asda do tees at £3 each, nice colours too

i can stock up and tear them up for rags when they get paint spattered or covered in addy

another plan is to carry a rag and use that instead of wiping my fingers on what im wearing

bad habit i know, its just plain laziness and sloveness on my part

T

Terry Cottar

Everyone who works for me has Embroidered Polos, fleece, sweatshirts two pairs of Snickers floorlayers, Kneepads, and safety trainers as well as Printed Hi-Vis, Helmet, Safety Glasses, Ear defenders, Mask with Filter and gloves. Corporate image is important. Look the part and you come across as professional. Turn up in addy covered jeans and you are on a loser IMO. Appearance is very important.

tel

G

Gazzer

Everyone who works for me has Embroidered Polos, fleece, sweatshirts two pairs of Snickers floorlayers, Kneepads, and safety trainers as well as Printed Hi-Vis, Helmet, Safety Glasses, Ear defenders, Mask with Filter and gloves. Corporate image is important. Look the part and you come across as professional. Turn up in addy covered jeans and you are on a loser IMO. Appearance is very important.

tel

Any photos Tel :thumbsup:

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland

tel
Can I volunteer for a days work:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Workwear in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.