Search the forum,

Discuss white marks on my newly sealed black limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Just follow the above and if any product info needed then contact LTP and ask for mark and he will talk you through each process

Sent from my iPhone

U

user123

Good luck, Lucy, Dave knows his stuff, and I can image how much you want this sorting. :)

L

lucysummers

cant tell you how I am feeling right now, havent slept all week, gutted! Hope it will get sorted, thanks for your kind words

L

lucysummers

hi Dave, managed to use the grimex today on the top patio where the acid was, no change there,but we thought there wouldnt be anyway as the patio cleaner with the acid has probably removed the sealant,(the only problem here is the lack of colour, the greyish white) so now we need to do the next process with the stone oil. The bottom area of the patio where the marks were, have lifted and we can see a result, but not sure if the one coat of thompsons sealant has been fully removed, so would it be worthwhile cleaning bottom patio again? Or do we put the stone oil on these followed by the colour intesifier or because these havent been touched with the original patio cleaner and still remain dark do we just apply the colour intensifier?

D

DHTiling

Yes, you do need to make sure you have removed the thompsons sealer fully.. even if it means a mild solution of what you used before.. once cleaned the stone oil will work.. followed by the colour enhancer to give a lasting seal.

L

lucysummers

thanks Dave, the top patio, where the patio/acid cleaner was applied, I dont think that will come up anymore, and we have applied the Grimex to this area also, I guess the acid would have removed all the sealant of that, as its definately took the colour, so when its dry and we get some nice weather (as I think its heavy rain all week) and it has dried out, should I just brush it down and proceed with the stone oil? I think we are going to concetrate on the top patio first and get that right! Thanks for your sound advice, Lucy

L

lucysummers

Hi Dave, have applied the stone oil yesterday and already its looking great! Not sure whether to apply another coat or just go on to use the colour intensifier as I am quite happy with the colour that they have come out and dont really want them any darker! So is it ok to apply just one coat of the oil? I have noticed tonight that the flags feel quite sticky so not sure what to do about that, any suggestions? I am hoping to get some good weather so i can do the colout intensifier, if this doesnt get done in the next couple of days, could the rain harm the stone oil on the flags?

Reply to white marks on my newly sealed black limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen