Search the forum,

Discuss which trowel size in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

harry

Hi Guys,

when tiling over UFH matting and not putting self leveler over it do you use a deeper trowel, because of the thickness of the wires and to get 100% coverage I was thinking of using a 12mm, would appreciate your comments,
Harry.

L

LM Ceramics

personally i would always advise self leveling the floor when tiling over ufh for the obvious reasons and im sure the rest of the lads will back me up i would self level over the ufh then use a 10 mm notched trowel

G

grumpygrouter

Put SLC down, trowel size is less of an issue then and you have other advantages, like a flat surface to tile on to, less potential to damage your cables.....

H

harry

Thanks guys, forgot to mention the UFH will be laid on insulated boards about 10mm thick.

H

harry

No of course it wont thanks, obviously the latex slc followed by a single part flexi ?
Also not used much slc am i right to presume that you you just pour over the wires until it covers them ? and would the boards need priming first ?
Cheers Harry......

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

Yes, cover the wires with the SLC. Check out Mapei fiberplan, single part and really good stuff and suitable for UFH. Use your preferred flexy adhesive and flexy grout. Again, mapei Keraquick and latexplus is excellent for this and Ultracolor plus grout.

H

harry

Thanks Grumpy Grouter,
I was going to use Topps SLC as I get most of my stuff from there ? and do the boards need priming before the SLC goes on top,

thanks again Harry.........

Also do the UFH have to be tested before the SLC is poured on ? thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to which trowel size in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen