Search the forum,

Discuss which adesive for 250mm x 400mm ceramic tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

HI. could someone please advise which adesive to use on ceramic tiles to be fitted in a bathroom, the size of tiles are 250x400. the tiles are to go on on dry lined plasterboard. with a few repiar patches of plaster, as was damaged when previouse tiles came of!
The guy in topps tiles, said you should get away with the bal whitestar, but normally you should use a powder mix! would the bal mosaic-fix be a better option? also would i have to prime the old plasterboard ?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I think this question has already been anwered, in another thread:thumbsup:

C

Ceramico tiling

Best option is to go for mapei slowsetting flexible adhesive for your walls.It is half the price of Bal.You will have to prime the plaster repair patches.I personally avoid readymix adhesive as it can not go thicker than 3mm.

A

aph257

You should defo use cement based adhesive (single part flexible) and prime the new plaster repairs. It doesn't have to be a rapid set, especially if your not a tiler. DO NOT use a ready mix.:mad2:

Reply to which adesive for 250mm x 400mm ceramic tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen